Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Zoo take three......well the fair anyway.

Hello Everyone,

Today we took the three older ones back to the expo fair to see if we could get them on the rides. It was not very busy, and we had a blast riding the "big ride". It was just like a big wheel that spun us around on swings. It was a lot of fun, and it was great watching Paul's face as he spun around as we went around the ride.

To be honest I may have to leave for Kampala tomorrow, and I am a little bummed that I may not have only a few days left in Gulu. We should be back for Easter weekend, but even if we are, we are heading back down the monday following.

This morning I was up a little before four with a cough I have been fighting for a while. I actually slept last night without it bothering me until I woke up early this morning. I decided to try and not wake my roommate, so I came out and got on the computer to kill the time. When the sun was about to come up, I grabbed some nescafe, and headed out to the porch. The sunrises and sunsets are very beautiful, but very fast here. If you aren't quick you miss them. It was a great sunrise.............AND I was able to see the sunset last night too. Really got me thinking about how much this has become home. I know that its not my home home, but its a great home away from home.

After a very productive morning of finishing the hose "reel" and all but the assembly of the kids clothes drawers, I had a wonderful lunch of rice and cabbage. One of my favorites for sure. Then because it started to rain.........I had another cup of nescafe, and took the kids upstairs to watch Charlotte's Web. I grabbed my pillow and laid on the mat with them. Because of my high body temperature, and the damp air, the kids all snuggled up on me, and we enjoyed a quiet.....well mostly quiet afternoon. Gloria kept grabbing my hands and putting them on her face and telling me my hands were nice and warm. Faith had me warm her feet with mine. Emmy just snuggled up against my chest, and told me I had a baby in my belly. I am really going to miss these kids. The closer I get to leaving, the more I realize how much of my heart they have stolen.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

2 comments:

  1. Sure sounds like you'll be back in Gulu again before too long. ;) But, come home for a while first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have given your heart to another place, it will be hard for any place to completely fill it. It is harder that way for certain, but I believe it only expands the heart! Hope the next few weeks of transition go well for you my friend! Julie

    ReplyDelete