Sunday, March 7, 2010

White ants anyone?

Hello Everyone,

Today we went to Watoto like we usually do, and after I walked into town to pick up a few things from Prince "supermarket". It was a beautiful day. Very warm, but a nice breeze made it actually quite nice. I returned home to find that the white ants we bought yesterday had been made into a sauce for the porcia and cabbage. They are actually pretty tasty. Well they tast like cooking oil....and lots of salt. They are fried with tomatoes and onions, so its ok, but a funny texture is all. Auntie Jennifer thought it was pretty funny that a muzungu would eat it without complaining.

After the delicious lunch, the children and I played soccer and rode the bikes around the compound for most of the rest of the day. We had a great time, and it was so warm that I unzipped the legs on my pants and ran around in shorts. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to play soccer in shorts, and use sneakers instead of stubbing my toes because I toeball too much. Its just so hard to keep up with these kids as it is, and the extra protection on my toes really helped.

During one of our breaks I sat on the bench and Gloria laid down in my lap and told her that I looked like Jesus. I laughed thinking about my blog the other day, and although I wish it was because my actions reminded her of Him, its just because I haven't shaved in a few months. Then she looked up at me and said......"Uncle Joe.............you are my father, and I am your daughter." If only I could pack her in my suitcase and make that be true. Its amazing how I have been hoping that I have been making a good mark, and God lets me have a fiew glimpses to let me know that I am not totally screwing it up.

Good day.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment