Sunday, March 14, 2010

Banana Bread anyone?

Hello Everyone,

Well its been a long, and very tiring day. We had a lot of bananas starting to go bad, so I decided to end the day with some nescafe(instant coffee) and some fresh banana bread. Yes.....I made it myself. It turned out pretty good too. A little dark on the bottom(but not burned) because I had to take care of a bat in Mama V's office, but still really good.

Took the children to church on my own this morning, and they were all pretty good. Although I don't understand what they are talking about when we walk, I can usually tell when its fun conversation or someone being mean to another. When we got back we ate lunch, and then while the youngest four played soccer and such outside, Auntie Jennifer and I spent two and a half hours helping the oldest two with homework. At first I was a little upset with them because I thought they were just trying to get me to do a lot of it for them. After some conversation with Auntie Jennifer the children told her that they don't understand. They recongnize all the letters, and some words, but in essense can't read, or pronounce words. We have a lot of work ahead of us to get them caught up with the rest of the class, but we can do it. We would all really covet your prayers as the next few weeks are extremely busy, and we need to make sure that we don't neglect the childrem. They are the reason we are all here in the first place.

They all are incredible children with lots of potential. Here's to helping them reach it.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment