Monday, March 22, 2010

Zoo anyone?

Hello Everyone,



Today I took the three youngest to the "zoo" that came to town. There was a small variety of African animals, and the kids really enjoyed themselves. They spent most of there time watching the ostrich. There was also an african fish eagle, two grey parrots, a kob(like an antelope), a camel, the african version of a peacock, and an anaconda. There was also a Serval cat, which was my favorite. We had a nice strole from the compound to Pece Stadium where it was housed. It was basically like a fair, except that even thought opened today, most of the vendors and rides were still putting up booths and getting inventory brought in. Time is much different here then it is in the States. Punctuality is not the norm. The kids and I enjoyed walking and I started to get sad realizing that I only have a few more weeks left with them.

I also had a lot of fun when I went to school to get the older three. I got to the school a little early and got to play a little soccer with some pre-schoolers hanging around. One was the little girl who melted my heart about a month ago. The best part was that she had her little sister with her, who had the cutest little dimples. I don't know how you could not want to hide these kids in a suitcase and bring them home.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe. I was wondering if you could hide one in your suitcase for me?? I'll take the one with the cutest little dimples. Miss you!! In our prayers.
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete