Monday, March 1, 2010

IDP Camp again

Hello Everyone,

Today we went back to the same IDP camp, but this time the rain held off so we could walk around the came. We stopped and prayed for some people, and after the first stop, we had a large train of children following us around the camp.

I had so much fun running around chasing, and being chased by the children. Saying hello, and asking them how they are doing in Acholi, really helped to break off the timidness that many of them had. I juggled for some of them, and they thought is was the funniest thing. When I would drop a piece of dried mud, someone would grab me another one to keep going. After that one girl grabbed my arm and held tight as I lifted her up off the ground. I quickly became the newest ride at the funpark. I got quite a work out between running around and between huts catching and dodging the children, and lifting and spinning them in the air. A few of the smaller children were really brave and let me through them in the air.

After all that, I don't think I could have gotten them all to go home if I had to. They followed us around on the rest of our tour, and jump at the chance to hold my hand as soon as another child let it go. The love of a child is so amazing. Many of them had torn and weathered clothes, and very few had any kind of shoes. A few were even covered head to toe in dirt grim, and some in wounds. Although there was a woman who was bit by a snake and hadn't been able to walk for a month was healed, and was able to walk, I think I will remember the faces of the children for much longer than hers.

What a great day.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

2 comments:

  1. Wow Praise God for that amazing healing!!!
    And the fun the children had with you Joe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing man. Kids always like you anyway...your like their hero!

    ReplyDelete