Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Guacamoli and chips anyone?

Hello Everyone,

Today was Auntie Cassie's last full day with us, and she will be leaving around noon tomorrow. It was a fairly normal day with a trip to the market for groceries, then cleaning my "project area", and building the fence for the chickens. Its not very pretty, but it works.

I went to pick up the three older children, and while waiting I saw dozens of kids chasing and catching what the Acholi like to call white ants. They are a flying ant that is fried and eaten as a scrumptious treat. I tried it a few weeks ago, and all it tastes like is crispy cooking oil. While walking home a young boy was trying frantically to catch one out of the air, and kept just missing. I walked by and snagged it for him, and when I handed it to him you would have thought I had just given him a million dollars.

Tonight after dinner Mama Val and I made chips and guacamoli(sp?) for a little going away snack. We ate, and ate, and ate.........oh and had some fresh passion fruit juice. We laughed talking about all the kids and how wonderful and hilarious they all are. She will be greatly missed. By the children and all the staff.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment