Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hair cuts and rooster shopping

Hello Everyone,



This morning I went town to find a barber shop or salon with a generator so our boys could get there hair cut. We did find one, and after a little wait, the boys finally showed up. They were very well behaved, and after they were done we walked down to the salon that Maggie was having her hair done in. They were again very well behaved so Mama Val and I stopped and got them a little treat which they ate while I went into the pharmacy to get something for this cough that I just can't seem to shake. Well me and the majority of the kids.

Then we went into the market and I let Emmy pick out with rooster he thought was the biggest. He chose well, except that the one he picked was extremely mean, and kept trying to bite me. I'm a little bigger than he is, so I took care of it, just had to ride on a separate boda back home. Of course if I had just been picked up my legs and held upside down, knowing that I was going to be someones Sunday dinner, I probably wouldn't be very nice either.

This afternoon we did another outreach for the kids in the community. It went really well, and we had a lot of kids come. I got to play Jesus for the death and resurrection scene. After the outreach the children called me Unlce Jesus. I love these kids. The six children who I consider my own, but also to dozens and dozens of neighborhood kids who call me Unlce Joe too. One boy who was our goalie for the Sunday afternoon soccer game, asked me if we could start our own team. He was pretty dissapointed when I told him that I will be leaving in just a few weeks. Because of Easter we may only have a few more games left.

Like I said yesterday, its hard to believe that April is almost here and that I will be going home so soon. I am getting ready to go, but will miss all the kids so much. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can return.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

2 comments:

  1. Joe, You probably will have to be on the drama team when you get back! Uncle Jesus! Guess what! Its three weeks till you come home and 3 months till the big relay! Time sure does fly! Make the most of the time you have left there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the rooster as tough to eat as it was to....well you know? We are also getting excited on this side of the Atlantic, and we can't wait to see you. Love Ya Mister

    ReplyDelete