Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mama Aida

Hello Everyone,

Today was Mama Aida's first full day with it, and I think she was a little overwhelmed with all the tasks involved with keeping up with the six kids. I told her just to enjoy herself, and to not believe anything Mama Val has said about me (her roomate). To celebrate..........well really because I wanted some..........I made some banana bread again today. A lot more actually. Two loaves and a 9x9 cake of it. Mama Val is on her way up with some right now, and I can't wait to have some with fresh fruit juice. She usually makes passion fruit juice, but today she added some oranges. I already tasted it and its incredible.

I think that I will really miss all the fresh fruit and such all the time. I know that we have the farmers market, but during the winter it won't be the same. I am having a hard time believing that I am leaving in just over three weeks. This month, and really this year has flown by. Hard to believe we are in the second half of March already. Yesterday while helping the kids with there homework, I snuck them some fries(chips) that I was making for doing such a great job. I ran out of the kitchen with them and whispered good job, then I love you them. Then they both crouched down and whispered back...." Thank you booga booga......we love you too." Acholi kids don't hear that very often, and I am so blessed to be able to say it to these kids all the time. I say it so much that sometimes I think they will get annoyed with me, but the never do. Maggie and Bill(the two oldest whom Mama Val and I did homework with last night) start to blush and turn there heads away and say it really quitely, but I can tell they enjoy it.

Last night I sent a few people a message saying that I can't wait to be a dad. I really can........but what I meant was that the little conversation I just mentioned made me think about how much of a blessing it is to be able to say it these kids. Whether or not I ever am a dad, I do know that I will always have at least a few kids that "Uncle Joe" can love on.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment