Friday, March 12, 2010

No SIM.....but life is still good.

Hello Everyone,

Well as you can probably figure out from the title, I did not find my SIM card today. The good news is that ATT is sending me a new one over night, and not charging me. The bad news is that I won't be able to use it until April. I guess I will just have to deal with no return texts from the states..........except for the few of you who have international plans, or just think I'm worth the money (just kidding).

Its so hard to believe that this week is almost over and that we are almost halfway through March already. Musicals have already started at home, and the Ramsdell sugar shack is well into production. I am really missing some of the things at home, but also feel so blessed to be able to be here with these wonderful people. I was thinking this morning how hard it will be to go back to "normal" life, and to be honest I hope that I don't completely get comfortable again. I do look forward to the sounds of the frogs and crickets out my window, but not to all the hustle and bustle of "keeping up with the Jones'" Of course a good friend of mine once told his white collar neighbors that "I am the Jones'"(miss you guys by the way!!!) Life he is harder in the sense that all the luxuries that make task easier, but it is also so much simpler. I don't believe that we shoud all just give up everything and live in poverty.........but we should all not take what we have for granted.

The things that really matter here, are the same things that really matter there. Faith, family, and friends. I think that we all lose site of that from time to time, and we all (especially me) need a good kick in the pants once in a while (I'm ok for now Elaine, but I will let you know ;)....).

Love and miss you all,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment