Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chicken on Sundays ROCKS!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Being Sunday we had two fantastic meals. Cabbage and porcia for lunch, and chicken and rice for dinner. I really do look forward to this meal all week long. It might seem ridiculous, but we only have meet a few times a week. Fish on thursdays, mince meat on saturdays, and chicken on sunday. Chicken is much darker here then at home..........kindof of like the dark meat on a turkey, but it is SOOOOOO good. Auntie Jennifer laughs at me every week, but gives me the part of the chicken reserved for the honored guest.

I really enjoy walking the kids to and from church.........well as long as they don't play in the road. The traffic here is crazy, and cars drive by within inches of us. I put my "big" back between me and the vehicles, but don't like it when the kids are being careless. A friend once told me that I would be too strick as a dad, and its times like that when I think they are right. Hopefully I balance it well with telling them how much I love them. I have defintiely learned that you can't correct each child the same. Some are much too sensitive to take harsh correction. Maybe I should work on being kinder when I am correcting.

I have just been thinking a lot lately of what I have done and said over the past few months, and want to really reflect and see if there are things that I should change. There definitley are, but others I hope I do well. I guess only time will tell.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. I guess I got my answer from my comment on your previous post...about the mean/tough rooster. Wise thoughts about how different children are and how each one has to be cared for and corrected uniquely. These life lessons you are learning will serve you well in the future. See you soon buddy!!

    ReplyDelete