Monday, February 1, 2010

Its February already?!

Hello Everyone,

Well its February..............hard to believe but it is. Doesn't seem like it when there is no snow, or ice, or good coffee at the Laramay's after pond hockey for that matter. Its been pretty warm lately, and today when the kids asked me to cut my hair, I really considered it. I am starting to realize why I have enjoyed not having long hair for the majority of the past thirteen years. Its easy to take care of, and its a lot cooler not having much hair. The beard(if you can call it one) isn't coming off, but if this heat keeps up the hair will.

Today the kids went to school, but the older ones came home early as the school doesn't have enough teachers yet. They start on Wednesday, but the younger ones all started at their schools. It was nice when they got back, and came in the gate screaming and jumping all over the staff. What a great group of kids. They are a lot of work at times, but they are also definitely worth it. Children really are a blessing, and I am honored to be able to have a few months to help influence these few.

I also just wanted to say thanks again for everyone at home following this blog, and more importantly for your support. I can feel your prayers everyday, and hope that this blog in some way helps you to feel a little more connected to what is going on here in Gulu.


Love and miss you all,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Missing you! The rink survived the warm rain. Michael was out there Friday night spraying when it was -10 degrees. He is a fanatic about keeping that rink going. It is not the same without you here to share it.

    Is there any way to put a picture up on your blog? I sure would like to see you with hair!

    We got a letter from Wes. Basic sounds hard, but it sounds like he is doing well. He is a squad leader. :-)

    I thought of you today,as I was out walking in the woods. Dad has been grooming a trail for me that goes all the way out to the gravel pit to the road.It is a beautiful walk, and I knew you would really enjoy using it. You can go all the way from our house to yours on a groomed trail! Next year! Love you! Me xoxo

    ReplyDelete