Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ice cream and chinese!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Today Auntie Cassie and I had the day off, and we went to Cafe Larem for some coffee, then met Valerie in the market to pick up some groceries for dinner today and tomorrow. We had to get a rooster for dinner tomorrow and I turned a lot of heads for the second week in a row carrying it around the market.

In the afternoon we took the kids back to Cafe Larem for some ice cream. They loved it, and they were all great. Emmy was Emmy and spilled it all down his front, which was no surprised, but they all really had a great time. After they left I stuck around and played with a little boy who asked me to get some water for his water gun. I used the handwash station to fill it, and he had a blast shooting me and other kids, but even more when I shot him with it. I assumed he was a child of one of the employees, but when I asked who he belonged to, the owner said she though he was with me. If I could, I would stick in my carryone, but I don' t think he would clear customs.

After the kids went to bed, the staff, Auntie Cassie and I all went out to dinner at the Gulu food joint. Its an indian/chinese restaurant in town. We had a wonderful time celebrating the last few days that Cassie has with us. She leaves for Bermuda in just a few days, and we will all greatly miss her. She has done a great job with the children, and we will have a big hole to fill when she is gone. We spent most of the night laughing, and a little bit eating. It was so great for all the staff to just get out of the house, and really enjoy each other's company.

What a great day.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment