Thursday, February 25, 2010

My stomach is paining!!!

Hello Everyone,



Just wanted to let everyone know, that yes I have had some issues with my stomach the last few days, but I am doing fine. The clinic said that I am fine, but as a precaution are running some tests just to be sure. In other words..........stop worrying please...........but don't stop praying ;).



Today was a good day. Maggie was home again today, and it was really nice to just spend some time with her coloring and just loving on her this morning. I have really been trying lately to just love on all the kids, and try to find the unique gifts in each child, that should be fostered, and not so much on the actions that need to be corrected. Not that these children don' t need to be corrected, but thanks to an email from a great friend(thanks Jocelyn), I have really been trying to focus more on the gifts that each one has. They are all such wonderful children, and each have very unique personalities, problems, but even more so is there unique God given gifts. Adam Avery talked about how his father fostered his gift of music when he was young during a talk at NTC a few months ago. I listened to it the other night, and between that and Jocelyn's email, I have been really trying to do the same.

Its hard to believe that Auntie Cassie will be leaving in less than a week, and even harder to believe that I will have just over a month left when she does. I want to impact these kids positively for the rest of there lives. I would love to come back here every year, but even if I don't I want to leave a mark. I know that there were several people who left marks on my life that helped to shape who I have become today. I have been blessed to have had my life influences by amazing people like Dave Converse, Dick Laramay, Grampa Wells, Mike Denno, my parents, and really countless others. I know that one conversation, or one kind gesture can change the course of a child's life. Sometimes for the worse, but hopefully I will say or do something to have a positive effect on each of them.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Its been a crazy two weeks with an extra teen boy in our home (bringing it to 6 kids) and then to boot, we had a crisis last Thursday night. To make a long story short, our Benny was in a very serious pick-up truck accident, and we were notified to go to the hospital, where he was transported by ambulance. In the end, he and his friend "walked away" with no more than whiplash and a totalled truck. We are so very very thankful - but it was a traumatic experience. I was literally and physically shaking after the phone call, because I know our Ben forgets to wear his seatbelt, and the truck had flipped and hit a tree, and I knew they had boarded and collared him in the ambulance. Miraculously, Ben had seen a "snowdrift" a few minutes before the crash, that had reminded and prompted him to "buckle up" or he most assuredly would not be here today. Thank you Jesus for your great mercies that are new every morning. We never know what a week will bring, do we?

    ReplyDelete