Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stupid is, as stupid does!!!

Hello Everyone,

Well we lost power yesterday morning, and just got it back tonight. Yesterday was a lot of fun, and the older kids had there first full day of classes. After waiting for almost an hour for them to be done, the children were thrilled to see and ready to leave. They all wanted to ride a boda, and not walk, but they managed. Bill (the oldest) wouldn't hold my hand as we walked away from the school.....because he was too big. As soon as we were out of site and on the road walking back, he quickly changed his mind. Not dissimilar to the children back home. Wanting to show love and affection, but also want to look cool in front of their friends.

Today I was supposed to walk to pick them up again with Cassie.....however....I had a bit of an accident. I was cleaning up the area in which I do my "construction projects", and while picking up the area, decided to not put my knife down, and move stuff, but put it under my arm instead. Not my brightest moment. As soon as I pulled the plywood alond the railing, the knife slipped and of course feel on my foot and onto the one part of my sandals that doesn't cover my foot. Lots of bleeding insued as its a sharp knife, and Mama V being the mom she is, convinced me to go to the clinic. After a good cleaning and bandaging it stopped bleeding. They also gave me another tetnus shot, and some pain meds and an antibiotic. All costing around five bucks.

I have been running in the morning, but luckily I am heading to Kitkum in the morning with Auntie Cassie for Mike and Faith's traditional wedding. I won't be back until Sunday afternoon, so this will also be my last blog for a few days. This will keep me from running and the doctor said I can'r run for a bit anyway. I will try to post some pics soon. The connection is slow, which makes it pretty difficult, but I will do my best.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

3 comments:

  1. Good job grace!!lol You are doing a great job keeping up with the blog. hope you goy my text, talk to you soon.

    sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. By industry standards you had an "accident" that could have been prevented and now the safety department has issued a new 'safety procedure'. "Knives are to be too dull to cut flesh. Steel toed shoes are to be worn at all time complete with a metatarsal fool guard. Absolutely NO Sandals! All knives are to be carried in a special sheath that extends from belt to floor so it can't fall. In the event of falling un-sheathed knives please be sure to move your feet." The Safety Dept.
    Hey, have a great weekend at the wedding and take some great pics to share...buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe Joe I thought I'd done some stupid things in my lifetime but I do Know that sharp Knives are to be carried in your teeth so your hands are free.Of course,don't sneeze. Elaine and I love the blog and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers Joey, you made Joe's day- he has been a little under the weather due to pain and the cold, and it was good to hear him laugh! He really got a kick out of you blog. We love you.....

    ReplyDelete