Saturday, February 20, 2010

Singing in the rain.

Hello Everyone,

Well today we took the kids for ice cream, but because Gulu didn't have power, the shop didn't have any so we got them sodas instead. They really enjoyed getting out and having a treat. Then we came home and played some soccer (weird I know =) ....). Just before we came in for the kids to bath, and eat dinner, a big thunderstorm rolled in. I really enjoy them, and it reminds me of sitting at home watching them. The only thing missing is a good cup of coffee. Nescafe instant coffee will have to do for now.

We got power back just before dinner, but the town water hasn't run for a few days, and our tanks have run dry. Well the one for our showers anyway. So instead of using a basin, I decided to use the shower God created. In the back of the compound we have an outdoor latrine and if you open the door it gives you your own private stall. The gutter pours water on the top of the generator room, and creates a really nice shower. It was a little cold at first, but once you are wet its not too bad. Just like the first time you jump in the St. Lawrence in July. Makes me miss home a bit, but not as much as a so called friend rubbing in it that he is drinking freshly ground Jernabi, eating banana bread, and watching deer playing in the snow behind his house. Thank God he's not my pastor..........oh wait...........he is ;).

Love and miss you all,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Joe!! I couldn't resist as it was such a beautiful morning and I was feeling so blessed by God and the family and friends He has given us. LIfe is Beautiful no matter where you are if you choose to see the beauty. As for me I still prefer a warm shower, but my turn will come soon enough. Love Ya Buddy!

    ReplyDelete