Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Well today is a wonderful day!!!! The start of the winter olympics(which I unfortunately won't be able to see any of), and its also my mom's birthday!!!!

I just wanted to take a second, and just say thank you for all you have done, and all that you continue to do. Taking care of my finances is wonderful, but what you have instilled in not just me, but all of your children is incredible. Proverbs 22:6 says," Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Well I'm not saying that I'm old..........because if I am, then mom, you must be REALLY old =). I am saying that what I learned in church, and in the christian school was good, but was nothing compared to what I learned at home. I learned how to serve selflessly, and think of others first. To do whatever I can with whatever I have, whenever I can from watching you do it first.

I am not yet who I want to be, but I am well on my way because of what you have poured into us. I love you mom, and for those of you reading this who aren't my mom...........call your's and tell her the same.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

2 comments:

  1. Your Mom must have be a great one - I don't know her all that well, but she rates great in my books cause we think so highly of her son! Hey, we had a birthday here today too! Angel turned 17, so we had homemade pizza for supper and a busy house, with the regular five kids, plus Emily and Nick her boyfriend, and my brothers foster son, and Angels school pal overnight. The noise is finally subsiding, but there are still chocolate cake crumbs on the floor - but this Mama is too tired to do anymore tonight. It was a good day here too.
    Jocelyn (and Mark and family)

    ReplyDelete