Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The family is growing

Hello Everyone,

Well I wanted to write about this yesterday, but just as I was about to, we lost power. We have a generator, but it wasn't worth starting it that late at night just to use the computer. I didn't want to wake the children just to tell you that we have three new little ones in the family. We still only have six kids, but we also had three little chicks hatch over the weekend. We thought we could here some chirping from under the hen, but yesterday I finally saw two of them. This morning the mother was out and about the yard with three beautiful yellow chicks chasing her around the compound.

The children really enjoy watching them, and after the mother hen calms down a bit, we will let them play with the chicks too. We were hoping for seven, but it looks like four of the eggs didn't make it for whatever reason. Still, the fuzzy little ones are pretty adorable. I'm just glad that Auntie Cassie got to see them before she leaves next week.

Today was a pretty normal day. Fixing the boys bathroom water leak, devotions, polishing shoes, and picking up the older ones from school. Maggie went to the clininc today because she wasn't feeling well. She had a shot, and will get a few more in the morning, but she is fine. The boys and I barely made it home before the rain, but even if we hadn't it wasn't that hard. Last night however was another story. It was beautiful, but because we have water, I decided to forego the outdoor shower for a warmer one inside. The rainy season seems to be a little early this year, but it is good for the farmers here. It will allow for a bigger harvest. Please pray that the rain remains good soaking rain, and not devistatingly hard rain.

Looking forward to pancakes and good coffee in the morning. Auntie Cassie and I have the day off, so we will eat at Cafe Larem. Probably a good thing it took me two months to find it. Otherwise I would be broke ;).

Love and miss you all,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joe,
    I its great you can go to a coffee house. What does the coffee taste like. Anything like Tim Hortons? He Joe, did you know that if you pet a chickens head while its upside down you can mezmorize it and it will fall asleep. Thats how Jocelyn gets me to fall asleep at night - she rubs my head when I am upside down. I will inform my family about the rain and we will pray before super (a nice soaking rain). God richly bless you.

    ReplyDelete