Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday, monday......so good to me....

Hello Everyone,

I hope that everyone enjoyed there Valentine's Day yesterday. As I said last night in my blog, mine was just so much fun. Well today, Monday, is my wash day. Still no water so Uncle Francis and I made a few trips down to the borehole. With children being in school, it wasn't nearly as busy as it was yesterday. We did have about five minutes of water, which is hopefully a sign that it will be back on soon.

Today, although it was my fourth or fifth time doing it, laundry really gave me an appreciation for what most of us consider a neccesity back home. I enjoy doing laundry at home, and its extremely easy. Here however its not so much. You put a little OMO (laundry detergent) in a bucket and spend anywhere from thirty minutes to an hour bent over at the waste washing and rinsing everything by hand. The mamas however take much longer because they are washing all the sheets, towels, and clothes for six children. Its so easy to just throw the detergent, fabric softener, and clothes in (all in cold water, because I don't really separate my colors from my whites...........I know, I know........I'm a guy, but its mostly from having to do it while in basic, and it just stuck. ) and just pull the button out, shut the door, and go back to whatever else I was doing. Its not just laundry though. Everything here takes so much longer. Not in a bad way........its just does. The mamas make a simple breakfast, then spend all morning preparing a hot meal for lunch, then all afternoon preparing for dinner. All the while working in doing the dishes, cleaning, laundry, bathing and playing with the children.

Of course for me my "construction projects" take me much longer than they would at home, but that because I only have a hand saw, a tape measure, a pencil, and a ruler for a straight edge. I dont' really mind it, it gives me lots of time to think, and pray. I truly believe that I am right where I am supposed to be, and praying that God continues to show me who He wants me to become.

Tomorrow is the IDP camps, and I am slotted to speak. Pray God gives me the right words to say.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. I am really thankful for my frontloader now! Missing you!

    ReplyDelete