Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Liberation Day

Today is Liberation Day in Uganda, and to celebrate we played lots of games with the kids this afternoon. The morning was a typical one, of breakfast, then getting ready for the day. Staff devotions, then working on another set of storage shelves. It wasn't until after lunch that we started the "special" games. We had an egg race (only we used small rubber balls instead of eggs), three legged races, and then wheel barrow races. The kids (including some of the neighbor kids) and the staff really enjoyed it. In fact I think we enjoyed seeing the smiles it put on the kids faces more than anything.

Its hard to believe that they will be in school starting on Monday, so we only have a few more days with them all day before they start there new routine. It will be a lot easier to get some of my "construction" projects done, but it will be a little sad without them throughout the day. The three youngest ones will only be in school for half a day, so I'm sure I will have some very interested onlookers while I work.

Sorry Heather but the little lion boy didn't come over. He is still far to afraid that I might eat him or something. ;) I hope your prayers work though, and if so I will definitley send you a picture of him conquering his fear.

Oh, and my computer is not fixed, but thank God we have access to another computer for the rest of the time I am here. My OS is corrupted, and the Dell rep couldn't understand why I couldn't just use my disk and reinstall it, or try changing out the hard drive. Eventually he understood, and when he asked if there was anything he could do to enhance my Dell experience, I told him he could open a Dell center in Gulu. To which he of course laughed. I guess it just adds to the adventure right. This journey has been amazing so far, and I am anxiously awaiting to see what other surprises God has in store along the way.

Love and miss you all,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Joe, we love reading your blogs. It makes us feel like you aren't so far away. We love to hear how and what you're doing. I wish we could be there playing with the kids. I bet they love you. Well, we miss you and are praying for you daily!! Take care and God bless. Love you!!! Brad and Sherri

    ReplyDelete