Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm a Lion

Today we invited some of the neighbor kids to come into the compound to enjoy some soccer with our children. We had lots of fun, and between that and working with Mike to try on solve our water problems, I was in the sun a little too much. I will definitely remember to wear my sunscreen tomorrow.

One of the younger children that came over to visit with Francis (our day security guard), was startled when I walked around the corner of the house, and he began to cry. I crouched down and tried to consoul him, but this only made it worse. Francis came to save the day, and asked the boy what was wrong. Well apparently I look like a lion. Acholi children are not used to seeing hair on the head or face of a man, as long as mine. Although the boy was upset, I couldn't help but laugh. I can only imagine what he will say in two and half months.

All in all we had a good day. Finding that some of the children need a little more supervision and persuasion than others, but they are all great kids.

Tonight I found out that the world has lost an amazing woman from Maine. Please pray for her family and friends; and for the Middleton family (Luke and Kristin especially).

Love and miss you all,

Joe

2 comments:

  1. Oh man too funny! We sang the dance with me song tonight...thought about you screaming it in the drum cage.....Miss you old man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Lion...thats what you are. Proverbs28:1 says "the righteous are as bold as a lion."

    ReplyDelete