Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm really just a big kid at heart

Well today, was pretty eventful. My computer seems to have died. Hopefully on temporarily as I have already paid for three months of "airtime", and it makes updating the blog much easier. Poor Mama V spent hours and hours at a christian school waiting for three of the children to be tested for placement in the school. We spent the first few hours messing with my computer (before the crash), and soaking for an hour in worship for our staff devotions. Then out came the kid in me. I spent most of the rest of they day kicking a soccer ball back and forth with faith, and Ema. Laying on the crowd watching the clouds with all three of the younger ones, then playing soccer with the neighbor kids.

After the older three finally got back, we started a full game of soccer with some older kids from next door. It wasn't long into the game that I had kicked off my sandals (its pretty hard to keep up with these kids period, and the sandals just slowed me down more) and I was running around the compound barefoot and having a blast. Soon they were all cheering for "Uncle Joe", and telling me "you pass here Uncle Joe, you pass here." Is amazing how fast kids can pick up that you actually care about them. Well except for the little guy who thinks I'm a lion and cries everytime he sees me.

I can't thank you all enough for your support. Prayer most of all, and I can feel it everyday. The church here is great, but there really is nothing like home. I am not in a hurry to leave here, but I will definitely enjoy being back in my home church. That and a good cup of coffee. I hope that this blog helps to keep us connected, and to show you just how much good you are all doing. This is just the tip of the iceberg, as we have so much more to do. "For greater things are yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city." Greater things are yet to come for Gulu, but also for Massena, St. Lawrence County, the northcountry, and the northeast in general. Thank you for being a part of it.


Love and miss you all,

Joe

5 comments:

  1. Dear God, Please help Joe fix his computer so he can easily bless us with his blogs (and please keep him from stubbing his bare toes).
    AMEN

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by your words and deeds....I can feel the joy of playing soccer with the kids hearing them call your name. Awww feels like I am living it..thanks. The love of a child is so pure and christ-like. I will pray that your little lion boy can be free to love you too:) Prayers from the Ramsdell's in Buckton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe - sounds like you are having fun and doing great things. Much love and blessings from the Lehmans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Joe,
    Great to hear from you, We love keeping up with your blog. We are praying for you - God put it on Vicky's heart to pray for the safety of you and the orphanage, against the LRA. We had a great time with Brian Cooney last week. We were dancing and jumping too.
    God Bless the children, staff and yourself.
    WE LOVE YOU - The Smiths

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joe,
    We thought that we would see how things are going and that you are in your thoughts and prayers. Not to much going on here except for the snow and wind. Take care
    Love The Lauzon's

    ReplyDelete