Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another Wonderful Sunday

Hello Everyone,

Today was our second Sunday at Watoto Church, and was the first one with the children. They all got dressed in their sunday best, and we walked to church. The kids have their own program in tents outside the building, and then we went in for normal service. Again there were familiar worship songs, but a pleasant surprise came when we sang an african song. Everyone in the church got involved with shouting and dancing. It was such a beautiful site to see.

After a great message about being prepared for the bridegroom, we rounded up the children and walked back to the house for lunch. After which Auntie Cassie took the children on a walk and gave them disposable cameras, and they all took turns taking pictures of goats, cows, fields, and such. I am really anxious to see how they all turned out. While they were out it rained, and they had to take shelter under some huts. It just made it the walk that much more of an adventure. I wish I could say that was able to tag along, but unfortunately because of the slow speed of the internet, I spent that time downloading pictures so that Pastor Don should show you all that I really am in Gulu, and not just making this all up ;).

When the downloading was complete, and the kids got back from their adventure we went outside and played soccer for an hour or so. Man are this kids going to get me into shape. They are all very unique, but also just all so full of energy. It is so much fun to be able to play with them, and be a part of their lives. Soon they will be in school during the day, and my time will be filled with construction projects, and trips to the IDP camps and the hopefully the bush.

Well I hope this finds you all well, and that your not too dissapointed in my lack of inspiring words. I do however promise to have more of those along the journey, as I can't help but be inspired by the wonderful people I am meeting.


Love and miss you all,

Joe

5 comments:

  1. Hey Joe, it was great to see the pictures on the big screen at church this morning. The one of you and the kids was adorable, and resulted in spontaneous applause and lots of ahhhhs! Speaking of lions, we dressed JoJo up as one a few yrs back on halloween. I hope he grows a red beard one day and keeps his fro and then he can be a lion too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cryed today to see you with the kids.....just awesome!! Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joe, all your words are inspiring, not just the 'deep' ones, cause your 'doing it!'. Thanks for the pics and the folks really seemed to enjoy them. Later....Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, The church melted yesterday, seeing the pic of you and the children. It was so good to see pics of your house and the compound as well. Now we have something to picture in our mind's eye as we pray for you . Thank you for making your reality, a little bit more real to us. Miss you LOTS, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe, thanks for sharing your story, your pics and making real for me. I dream of doing missions but for now my family is my mission. I can't wait for more updates and more pics. Blessing upon blessings upon you!!!! I'm praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete